Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Avon will no longer be calling!


I am going to stop selling Avon. I have not made a single cent, since I have purchased catalogues so many times w/out orders. At least I didn't lose money... I am just tired of the extra work w/out anything in return. Everything costs money- samples, supplies, catalogues, etc. It is frustrating. I can promise I won't do another direct sales thing AGAIN.

I want to bring in some money, but don't know where to start. A position in the evening? Watch other people's children? I doubt I have the patience...
My question is why are these direct sales businesses so alluring to SAHM's? I know moms who do Pampered Chef, Mary Kay, Avon, Creative Memories (I think that is the name), Southern Living at home, and more. Only one mother that I know works it as a real business and makes a profit. Most of us go in with rose colored glasses and high hopes. Well, direct sales will no longer find me a willing sucker!

No comments: