Monday, September 14, 2009

Anxiety...

I'll admit, I worry. I worry about money, my children, my choices in school, the meaning of life, the state of my marriage, my family, and more. I have OCD and because of this, I worry about the same things, every single day, all day long. Right now, my main worry is about my son, Aidan. He is not thriving in school right now and I feel like I should take him out. He is ahead of the class (he can read, they are doing vowels), getting into trouble, refuses to go, pretends to be sick, etc. It also costs money, gas, and 80 min. of my time every day I don't carpool (at least 40 min a day, at minimum). However, he is gaining independence, making friends, and I'm hoping it will improve. It has only been 2 weeks. I feel like homeschooling will grant my peace from this anxiety...
So, I am trying to look to the Bible. Philippians 4:6-7 states, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus"(NIV version). On a side note, one of my favorite scriptures in the Bible follows, 4:8-9. Read it. :)
I am not supposed to be anxious, but how do I resist worrying? My mom tells me I must get it from my grandmother, Bessa, who (my mom thinks) "wakes up every morning and picks something to worry about".
I guess I will just continue to pray and hope that prayer alone can help. I know my family is quite sick of hearing about my worries. I am going to try and not worry for at least the rest of the day. Thank goodness it is already 6 pm!

No comments: