Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mother's Day reflections

I am sitting here in a quiet house... Joel has taken the boys out for some Mother's Day shopping. It has given me a peaceful house, which is nice- for a while. My family often comments on how crazy it seems at my house, but I truly cherish the noise. The sound of raucous laughter, the running feet, the barking dogs. It may be chaotic, but it is my chaos.

Tomorrow is Mother's Day and I think back to those hospital trips...those tiny little babies that I would be entrusted with. I remember turning around in the car as we left the hospital when we brought Aidan home and seeing the car seat with him in it. It hit me...he was MY son. Up until that point in the hospital, it was all very dream like. He would be mine to protect, nurture, and raise. When his little brother joined us 3 years later, I felt so blessed. They certainly grow quickly, but every stage is so special. Play-dough food brought to me for tasting, pictures to admire, swings to push, and books to read. I could fill pages with the every-day moments that fill my day, and my heart.

I hear them in the driveway now. Bring on the noise! I am so very blessed...

No comments: