Friday, October 30, 2009

The PERFECT Blog

Have you ever noticed as you peruse blogs that everyone seems to have the most perfect life? Especially when I stumble upon a homeschooling blog of a devout Christian..."Oh, I have 10 kids and we are just loving every minute of it!" "I got up at 4 today and baked muffins, gathered eggs from our chickens, washed the floors, worked out for an hour and prayed in my Bible" "Joe Jr. has written his own encyclopedia and he's only 7!" OK, that was a bit much, but HONESTLY. This is what you will find and it is a bit depressing. Why? Because it isn't reality. If it is, let me know- I must be a terrible mom.

My alarm is my children, crawling all over me begging for breakfast at 7 AM while I try to hide under my pillow. Breakfast is often a bowl of cereal, and those floors...well, I wouldn't eat off of them if I were you. Of course, my kids do- 5 second rule and all that- and I bet that those blogging moms would be appalled. I try and hit the gym 3 times a week but most weeks I drag myself there once and hope that it is enough. Life isn't anything like a blog. Life is full of frustration, worrying that you are doing everything wrong and praying that your children turn out OK. Blogs can be so superficial- you let the world think you are doing OK. You don't tell them about your problems, you create this guise of perfection. I am guilty as well. I surely don't want to air my dirty laundry for the rare person who stumbles upon this blog by mistake; however, I hope to be honest.

No comments: