Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Tired, tired, tired...

Today was interesting and exhausting... I decided I would make some extra money for our family by taking in another child. I watched a 9 month old today. It is amazing how much it altered our day. He crawled everywhere, put everything in his mouth, and needed to be watched like a hawk. While he was a good baby and didn't cry much, the boys were definitely affected. Preston closed himself in his room, said he was sad and said that the baby couldn't come in. Aidan told me in the evening that he was upset that I didn't pay attention to him like I did to the baby. While he took 2 naps, those naps were used to do homeschooling. We did not have time to play while he was here. After he left at 4, the boys and I sat down and played a game of Harry Potter Clue. Then, time for dinner and a trip to the grocery store.

What I realized today is that homeschooling is so much work and I really probably cannot take on more responsibility. With housework, cooking, homeschooling, errands, doctors and dentists and various appointments, my schedule is crammed full. Perhaps a summer gig with an older child will work, but I don't have a lot of free time as it is. And, when I had him on my hip, Preston was on the floor. It is still his hip. Silly? Perhaps... but, he is my baby until I get pregnant. I don't want another person's baby to usurp that position.
I will give it a good solid week- until next Friday- and see how I feel.

No comments: